For information on the Zoning Code Update, click HERE.
View the current San Bruno Zoning Ordinance here. Please see Title 12 Land Use for residential zoning requirements.
Zoning is the division of a city or county into districts and the application of different regulations in each district. Zoning regulations are generally divided into two classes
- Standards for height, bulk, setback, coverage, etc. of structures
- Those that prescribe the use to which buildings within certain designated districts may be put
Every parcel within a city or county is specifically zoned a certain classification which which sets forth regulations and requirements governing the use, placement, spacing, and size of land and buildings. The legislative body of any county or city may, pursuant to Government Code Section 65850, adopt ordinances that do any of the following:
- Regulate the use of buildings, structures, and land as between industry, business, residences, open space
- Regulate signs and billboards
- Heighth, bulk, number of stories, and size of buildings and structures
- The size and use of lots, yards, courts, and other open spaces
- The percentage of a lot which may be occupied by a building or structure.
- The intensity of land uses
- Establishing requirements for off-street parking and loading
- Establish and maintain structural setback line