The vision for the Bayhill Specific Plan was developed in close collaboration with the community. The planning process included numerous opportunities for community engagement, including the following:
- Stakeholder Interviews. Small group meetings were held in September 2017 with a diverse set of stakeholders, such as property and business owners, community groups, pedestrian and bicycle advocates, transit riders, neighborhood representatives, and others who may be most interested in and/or affected by the project.
- Property Owner Forums. Meetings focused on Bayhill property owners that were held in August 2017 and July 2018 to allow these critical stakeholders to provide input and stay up to date with the project.
- Community Workshops. Events open to the entire community were held in August 2017 and July 2018 and presented issues and working design concepts, facilitated dialogue and elicited feedback at key stages in the planning process.
- Online Survey. An online complement to the public workshops enabled people to easily and quickly provide input regarding the concept Alternatives. This was completed in July 2018 and August 2018.
- Planning Commission and City Council Meetings. Periodic check-ins with the decision-makers to ensure that both bodies are informed about the project and had opportunities to provide periodic direction were held were held in August 2017, October 2018, December 2018, July 2019 and July 2020.