The City of San Bruno has activated level 2 of the San Bruno Water Shortage Contingency Plan due to current drought conditions. This action was taken in response to Governor Newsom’s recent Executive Order (N-7-22) to reduce water usage by an overall 15%. What does this mean for you? As of June 10, 2022, water customers are required to:
- Restrict or prohibit runoff from landscape irrigation
- Limit landscape irrigation to specific times/days
- No irrigation between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
- Irrigation schedule:
- Odd addresses: Monday & Thursday / Even addresses: Tuesday & Friday
- Non-numerical addresses: Monday & Thursday
- 15-minute irrigation limit
- No irrigation 48-hours following rain event
- Repair leaks & breaks within 10 days
- Require automatic hose shut-off devices
- Prohibit potable water use for washing hard surfaces
- Prohibit potable water use for ornamental turf (commercial sites)
Contact the San Bruno Public Works Department for more information at (650) 616-7160 or visit the water conservation page for additional conservation tips!