Recreation & Aquatic Center Project
THE RAC IS HIRING!
City Park Way will be closed to traffic on Friday, August 18, 2023 from 7AM-4PM to pour concrete footings for the pedestrian bridge. Signage will be displayed in and around the area and appropriate temporary detour signage will be posted.
City Park Way was closed to traffic on Thursday, July 27, 2023 from 7AM-4PM to excavate the pedestrian bridge footings at the creek. Signage was displayed in and around the area and appropriate temporary detour signage was posted.
See the following for the construction highlights completed during the month of May:
- Worked on under pool plumbing for the indoor pool
- Continuing indoor pool wall rebar
- Continuing wall framing within the natatorium
- Worked on insulation of refrigerant piping in the gymnasium, interior and exterior wall framing
- Completed storm, sewer, and fire water around the outdoor pool, except for storm piping at the outdoor pool retaining wall
- Worked on outdoor pool excavation
- Started indoor pool excavation and pool plumbing
- Completed trench restoration at Crystal Spring and Desoto Way
- Continue exterior wall framing
- Continue mechanical, plumbing, electrical and HVAC work
- Start masonry wall installation at natatorium
- Prep work at parking lot
- Continue onsite drainage and utility installation
- Continue off-haul of contaminated soil
- Thursday, April 13, 2023 (7AM-4PM)
- Friday, April 14, 2023 (7AM-4PM)
- Monday, April 17, 2023 (7AM-4PM)
- Tuesday, April 18, 2023 (7AM-4PM)
- Completed Gymnasium concrete slab form and pour
- Continued structural welding & plumbing of building steel & metal decks
- Completed second floor slab partial concrete pour
- Prepare for exterior walls installation
- Continued mechanical, electrical, and plumbing installation
- Continued roadside curb, gutter and paving
- Reopened City Park Way to vehicular traffic on the afternoon of December 23, 2022
- Rebar, formwork, and concrete pour for curbs and gutters on City Park Way
- Contractor completed the new 10” water line tie from Crystal Springs to De Soto
- New sewer pipe was installed under the culvert between SSMH3 and SSMH4.
Installation of street lighting started, pole bases dug
- Structural welding and plumbing of building steel continued
- City inspection of rebar and concrete pour of 2nd floor topping slab
- 2nd floor wall layout started
- Rebar, formwork, and concrete pour for bioretention walls
- Installed a 10” water line
- Installed creek winterization
- Backfill of new fire water and installation of an offset manhole/storm drain
- Structural welding and plumbing of building steel and metal decks continue
- Continue forming column block outs before slab rebar and pouring
- Epoxy rebar at shotcrete wall Gridline A
- Natatorium trusses and steel erection, the start of Epic metal decking on both buildings
- 8” PVC conduit under creek for future solar
- Storm drain and new main water piping on City Park Way
- Compaction testing for backfilling of utilities on City Park Way
- Final grading at the creek, backfill of low flow materials, cobble, and large rock
See the following for the construction highlights completed during the month of July:
- Completed concrete pours of natatorium and gymnasium foundation
- In process of installing underground plumbing, electrical, and backfilling utility trenches
- In process of backfilling foundation, compaction testing
- Installed exclusionary fencing and bypass for creek extension
- Started 10" waterline with polyethylene encasement on Crystal Springs Road
City Park Way Temporary Closure: August 2022 - December 2022
Beginning August 1, City Park Way will be closed to vehicle and pedestrian access. The road closure is necessary to install the deep utilities (Water, Sewer and Storm), creek and road reconstruction, and other construction activities related to the Recreation and Aquatic Center Project. City Park Way is expected to be closed through December 2022.
Park patrons can access the park through the pedestrian pathways located:
- near the north end of De Soto Way (the former pool parking lot)
- near Tom Lara field
- near the rear of baseball diamond #2
- near the west end of San Felipe Avenue
Vehicle traffic will not be able to access City Park Way at Crystal Springs/Oak. Vehicle traffic will be detoured down to El Camino Real, and up Santa Lucia Avenue to access the former pool parking lot. Please use caution in and around the area, and we appreciate your patience as we build our new community facility!
City Park Way Road Closure - Vehicular Detour Map
- Completed excavation for building foundations
- Completed rebar reinforcement for foundations at natatorium, near-complete at the gymnasium.
- Fencing and exclusionary fencing installed for creek restoration.
- Grading started for the creek.
- Starting 10” waterline on Crystal Springs Road
Water Line Installation: The new Recreation and Aquatic Center Project's water line installation is scheduled to occur from June 27 through approximately July 29, 2022. The construction work will take place between the hours of 8:00AM and 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
Traffic along Crystal Springs Road will be limited to one-lane of traffic near City Park Way. Safety flaggers will be onsite during construction helping with traffic flow in the modified areas. Questions? Contact Us.
Construction activity is underway at San Bruno City Park, City Park Way and Crystal Springs Ave. Lathrop Construction will be installing temporary construction fencing at the above noted locations to facilitate continued construction activities for the New Recreation and Aquatic Center Project. In late June 2022, City Park Way closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic. Crystal Springs Ave. will have periodic lane closures and traffic control will be implemented to allow for utility work. Road closures will be posted on changeable message boards near the work zones prior to start of work.
See the following for the construction highlights completed during the month of February:
- Grading continues for Soil Nail Shoring Wall
- Drilled and set soil nails at Soil Nail Wall
- Grouted of Soil Nail Wall with shot-crete (concrete)
- Backfilled old pool excavation