Important Contact Phone Numbers:
To report storm related issues, please use the following important contact phone numbers.
- (650) 616-7180 - Tree Issues
- (650) 616-7160 - Other Storm Issues
- (650) 616-7100 - Police Non-Emergency
- (650) 616-7096 - Fire Non-Emergency
- 2-1-1 - Residents in Need of Shelter
- 1 (800) 743-5000 - PG&E Customer Service or View or Report PG&E Power Outage
- 1 (866) 272-2237 - American Red Cross
- 1 (800) 686-0101 - San Mateo County 24/7 Access Center for Mental Health Support
- (650) 276-4101 - YMCA Community Resource Center (serving San Bruno)
For Emergencies call 9-1-1.
- Get supplies, including sandbags if needed
- Charge your devices, have batteries on hand for flashlights if power goes out
- Avoid using water to reduce sewer flow when storm drains are impacted by heavy rain - limit showers, toilet flushing, laundry, etc.
- Avoid being out in stormy weather, avoid driving during peak rain periods
- Secure loose items around exterior of house before high winds
- Check batteries in carbon monoxide and smoke detectors
- Resource support information - Red Cross, Mental Health Support, and Basic Needs
- Visit our Emergency Preparedness webpage
Flood Safety Tips:
- Avoid being out during the storm, unless you absolutely need to
- If you're driving and approach a water-covered road, turn around - 6 inches of water can stall a vehicle, and 2 feet can float most cars, trucks, and SUVs
- Stay inside your car if it is trapped in rapidly moving water - get on the roof if water is rising inside the car
- During heavy rain, avoid underpasses, underground parking garages and basements
- Don't walk in water above your ankles; you can be swept off your feet in as little as 6 inches of rushing water
- Do not walk, swim or drive through flood waters
It’s always a good idea to be prepared! Get emergency notifications through SMC Alert - register at smcalert.info.
SMC ALERT is an alert notification system used to immediately contact you during urgent or emergency situations. You can set alerts to send notifications via text and voice messages to your email accounts, cell phones, smartphones, tablets, and voice messages to landline phones (home and work).
Zonehaven / Evacuation / Street Closure Mapping Tool:
The City of San Bruno and San Mateo County utilize Zonehaven Aware - a resource tool that provides the community with critical evacuation updates, resources, and latest updates on active incidents.
Zonehaven will allow you to see the status of specific zones around San Mateo County. You can search the map by address and area by linking at aware.zonehaven.com/search