My house is a cell phone "dead spot." Will the installation of small cell facilities help?

Improvements will vary depending on location and carrier. If you are interested in additional information please contact your service provider.

Show All Answers

1. What is a small cell facility?
2. What is Public Right of Way?
3. What is the range of these systems?
4. Can the City prohibit the installation of wireless telecommunication facilities?
5. What is the status of the small cell application submitted by Verizon for 123 Elm?
6. What is the status of the other small cell applications seeking approval of proposed installations in residential zones?
7. What is the City doing to advocate for residents who disagree with Federal and State laws allowing small cell installations in residential areas?
8. What is 5G? How does it relate to current installations of wireless telecommunications facilities? What are requirements for 5G?
9. Which agency establishes limits for radio frequency (RF) emissions?
10. How can I get more information about my health concerns?
11. Can Local and State governmental bodies establish limits for RF exposure?
12. Is a permit required from the City for these installations?
13. Are these facilities subject to the California Environmental Quality Act or additional environmental review?
14. Who legally owns the poles or wires? Who can legally attach equipment?
15. Do other cities have these small cell systems?
16. Are cities allowed to impose a moratorium?
17. How is it that other cities have successfully prohibited cell towers near residences? For example: Palo Alto, Burlingame, Hillsborough near here but there are others.
18. Are carriers allowed to put small cells on schools? Near schools? Near Parks?
19. My house is a cell phone "dead spot." Will the installation of small cell facilities help?
20. Can the city limit only one vendor per pole? How likely will be it that there are multiple small cell antenna installations on the same pole?
21. I have more Radio Frequency (RF) emission questions – where else can I obtain information?