A streetscape plan is typically prepared for a limited geographic area within a city and is an articulation of the community's vision of the street governed by the neighboring uses, economic activities, modes of transportation and safety. The goal of this Streetscape Plan is to re-enforce San Mateo Avenue as a vital commercial street that serves the needs and priorities of the community.
The outcome of the Streetscape Plan will be a design of an enhanced street with:
- Safer sidewalks
- Well-marked and decorative crosswalks
- Widened sidewalks at some locations
- Improved signage and way-finding including to public parking lots
- Integrated and attractive modern street furniture
- Roadways that accommodate multiple modes of transportation such as bicycles, pedestrians, and automobiles