If you use or possess illegal fireworks OR improperly use Safe & Sane fireworks in San Bruno, you will be fined $1,000. Please be mindful of the permitted days and hours when Safe & Sane fireworks are allowed to be discharged:
June 28 to July 3
12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- In 2005, San Bruno voters authorized the sale and use of Safe & Sane fireworks in San Bruno.
- Safe & Sane fireworks cannot be used on another's private property without the written consent of the owner, or within 10 feet of a residence, dwelling or structure.
- Use of Safe & Sane fireworks is prohibited in public lots, city streets, parks, open space, and other public property.
- Safe & Sane fireworks must have a State of California Fire Marshal seal to be allowed.
- Adults must supervise minors under 18 using Safe & Sane fireworks.
- If the firework explodes or flies up in the air more than 6 feet, it's probably illegal.