The 2023 Slurry Seal Project begins on Monday, Aug 21 and will continue through the Fall. The Project includes work on various streets throughout the City:
- Base Repairs – This process involves digging up and repairing areas of damaged pavement. During this phase, streets will generally be open for through traffic, with limited parking restrictions to allow for repair work. Residents and businesses within project limits will have access to their driveways.
- Crack Sealing – The Contractor will clean and fill pavement cracks. Street access typically is maintained during crack-sealing operations.
- Slurry Seal – Construction information with specific dates and times regarding this project will be posted. The Contractor is required to place notifications on the doors of all properties along the affected streets a minimum of 48 hours before a street is closed for slurry seal. The Contractor will apply slurry seal to the entire pavement area. To properly apply slurry seal, each street must be closed from 8AM until 5PM to allow for the slurry application and drying process. No vehicles will be allowed on the street until the work and drying process is complete. Access to and from driveways within project limits will also be prohibited. Vehicles should be moved off the street by 7:30AM or it will be towed at the owner’s expense. Affected residents will not be able to drive a vehicle from their garage or driveway once work begins and will need to plan ahead to have access to their vehicle on the day of the street closure.
- Striping – The striping removed prior to the slurry seal process will be reapplied after the slurry seal is fully cured. Street access is typically maintained during this process.
Work will be performed Monday through Friday from 8AM to 5PM on residential streets and 9AM to 3PM on San Bruno Ave. During road work, temporary road closures will occur. Parking restrictions will be posted where work is scheduled, and we appreciate your patience while we work to complete the paving work. Work is anticipated to last until Fall 2023.
List of Slurry Seal Locations:
- Aegean Way (West End Cul-de-Sac to East End Cul-de-Sac)
- Commodore Drive (Cherry Avenue to Gate (School)
- Geoffrey Drive (Fasman Drive to Susan Drive)
- San Bruno Avenue – Eastbound (Cherry Avenue to El Camino Real)
- San Bruno Avenue – Westbound (I-280 to 100’ West of Crestmoor Drive)
- Seventh Avenue (Belle Air School to San Bruno Avenue)
- Seventh Avenue (San Bruno Avenue to North City Limits HWY 380)
- Sonoma Court (Sneath Lane to Cul-de-Sac)
- Yuba Court (Riverside Drive to Cul-de-Sac)
- Cherry Avenue (Jenevein Avenue to Park Avenue)
- Evergreen Drive (Valleywood Drive to Fleetwood Drive)
- San Joaquin Court (Sneath Lane to Cul-de-Sac)
- Valleywood Drive (Crestwood Drive to Oakmont Drive)
- Lucia Court (Santa Lucia Avenue to Cul-de-Sac)
- Santa Lucia Avenue (De Soto Avenue to City Limits)
The Slurry Seal Project is part of the City’s Paving Program in the Capital Improvement Program, and includes funding from Measure G.
Notice of Slurry Seal Project Work